End of 2nd week of internship! Increasingly getting used to the food (which wasn’t as bad as I tot, or is it just getting better haha). Still not used to waking up so early but at least I don’t doze off as frequently as before. Work is coming but because I don’t have internet access and insufficient materials to read I can’t really start on my project. Quite looking forward to the hands on part, it’s like doing FYP part 2! But luckily this one don’t need to lit. review n blah (I hope).
Cons is that there’s not much data on this so it’s really trial and error. Pretty much like FYP just that previously I had someone to come up with most of my experiments for me but this time it’s mostly hands on. But I think my supervisor is not as fierce that I had previously thought. And he won’t leave me to die either, which was the notion I had when I talked to him for the 1st time. So YAY! Haha. Whether I can do a successful project remains to be seen.
Today was supposed to meet the engineer to discuss on calculations for heat exchanger but the engineer says he’s still working out sth because the database doesn’t have all the data we need. So he’ll think of a method to calculate then tell me. So nice! I really thought with my limited (or rather lack of) knowledge on heat and mass transfer that I had to come up with a method by myself! Then I will sit there and cry. I got Bs for HMT and MTO ok. Haha.
Ok met a few interesting characters during the course of internship as well, which of cos spices up life here a bit. Esp when I don’t have a lot that I can do here with lack of access, blah blah blah.
A very entertaining intern from poly. A very vibrant character whom I’ve never seen before in my life! “Jie mei” would be a very appropriate term to describe him. and he’s always offering food (!!!!!!!) haha! Perfect since my pantry sucks. I decided to bring my own tea and snacks. Provides mp3s and cds even! I’m gonna be really bored when he leaves in 6 wks. Shit.
I had my 1st taste of French food cooked by a French intern at his house! Cool! He’s neighbours with very important pple eg. Prime ministers of other countries. I saw security guards standing guard outside 1 of the houses near his! He has a really cute dog, a breed which I’ve never seen here in sg, or maybe cos of lack of grooming of the dog. The dog’s fur is like bristles of a brush! Seriously! N it’s those type tt’s used to clean e toilet-that’s how stiff it is! But amazingly e fur at the head there is really soft. Haha! But the dog’s super cute nonetheless. Ok more on French food now. He cooked steak and rice with mushroom cream sauce. The way they cook rice in france is diff from us-they cook in pots instead of rice cooker. Then after the rice is cooked, it looks really wet but when they serve it, it’s just like rice again J haha ok hard to explain. But the most interesting part is the French cheese part. GROSSSSSSS!!!!!!! I dun like French cheese. It’s very salty (tho the French says it’s not it’s not!) and smelly! I don’t think I’ll ever get acquired with this taste, not like sashimi and kimchi. And amazingly, the dog loves eating cheese! I tink the dog ate more cheese than I did haha! Oh n did I mention-they flew their dog from France when they came here to work. Haha maybe tt’s y the dog can eat cheese n likes it so much J
And I tink my nose is slowly desensitized because I no longer think it’s smelly when I enter JI. I can’t smell e fumes!!!!!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home